By March 1, 2013, everyone receiving federal benefits by paper check will be required by law to switch to electronic payments. The two options to receive your federal benefits electronically are by direct deposit to a bank account or to the Direct Express® Debit MasterCard® card.
Federal Benefits include:
- Social Security
- Supplemental Security Income
- Veterans Affairs
- Railroad Retirement Board
- Office of Personnel Management
- Department of Labor (Black Lung)
People who currently receive federal benefits by paper check, should make the switch today to get their money a safer, more reliable way immediately.
- Sign up for direct deposit online, by calling (800) 333-1795, or visiting our banking offices in Beulah or Benzonia.
- If you prefer a prepaid debit card, enroll online, or call (800) 333-1795.
For more information on these changes, please visit the Go Direct website.