Fake E-mail: Change Your Online Password - 3/16/12
People are receiving an email entitled "Change Your Online Password" purporting to be from Support at Digital Insight.
Below is a copy of the fake email.
This notification is mailed to you concerning your online banking user password has been expired.
Create a new user password by following these steps:
1. Log into your online banking by our secure link for Expired Password and entering the temporary password below. Your temporary password is: vn#E
2. You will then be prompted to change your password.
This temporary password will expire in 24 hours.
This is the end of the fake email.
Steps to Take Now
- Do not click on the link in the email.
- Send a copy of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not forward the email to anyone else.
- Delete the email.