Fake Email: Intuit order confirmations - 3/12/12
People are receiving an email entitled "Your Intuit.com order confirmation." There are a number of variations to the fake email, including, but not limited to the following subject lines: "Your QuickBooks software order," "Your Intuit.com order," "Your Intuit.com order status," "Your Intuit.com order confirmation," "Your Intuit.com invoice," "Please confirm your Intuit.com invoice."
Below is a copy of the fake email.
Thank you for submitting an order with Intuit Market. We are working on and will message you when your order is shipped to you. If you ordered several items, we may process them in more than one shipment (at no extra cost to you) to ensure quicker delivery. If you have questions about your order, please call 1-800-955-8890.
Please download your full invoice id #533729592359 information at Intuit small business website.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call us at 1-800-955-8890.
- Reorder Intuit Checks Quickly and Easily starting with the information from your previous order.
To help us better serve your needs, please take a few minutes to let us know how we are doing. Submit your feedback here.
Thanks again for your order,
Intuit Market Customer Service
This is the end of the fake email.
Steps to Take Now
- Do not click on the link in the email.
- Send a copy of the email to email@example.com.
- Do not forward the email to anyone else.
- Delete the email.